June 1997, Volume 17 Number
- Obituary: Rosemary McGillivray 1939-1997
A brief biography of the dynamic woman who wrote:
"Mrs. McGilivray's Welcome: Bass Recorder Tutor"
(published by Hawthorn's)
- The Iconography of 2-3 Recorders, Part 2
Anthony Rowland-Jones continues his discussion of
recorder symbolismib 15th-17th-century paintings from
Italy and the Low Countries ("Held Recorders - Pourbus,
Rubens and Giorgione")
- Test Pad: Part I -Descant Recorder Grades 1-5
Peter Bowman on the use of the music of Jacob van Eyck
as technical exercises. A "How-To" article; examples
- Why Play the Recorder'?
A former student of Paul Clark, Linda Hardwick shares
the secrets of her success in tutoring groups of small
- Music from Another Sphere: The Recorder in
Nicholas Lander guides us to the "Recorder Home Page"
where a WEALTH of information is available.
- Sloppy Joints on Plastic Recorders
Brian Butler of South Downs SRP provides solutions to
this re-occurring problem.
- The Foundation of ERTA in the Netherlands
Peter Bowman reports from Utrecht
All issues of Recorder Magazine
- reviews of recorder
sheet music, CDs and books,
- reviews of recent
recitals and courses,
- letters from
- numerous short
recorder-related items in Footjoint,
- news from SRP and