September 1993, Volume 13 Number
- Some Easy Christmas Fare
Paul Clark looks at the world of "but that's not how
the tune goes" and gives us a lesson in variants (and
- Boston Early Music Festival and Exhibition, 15-20
Edgar Hunt describes his visit to the seventh of the
biennial Early Music Festivals.
- Some thoughts on the notation of music for
Edgar Hunt looks at trends in musical notation through
- Marks and Rules for Gracing - Easy Baroque
Ornamentation from English Sources - Part 1
Malcolm Davies writes on the first of two important
English sources for ornamentation. Examples
- Palladian Ensemble:"Grounds for appeal"
Andrew Mayes talks to the Palladian Ensemble about
their music making.
- The Recorder Orchestra - Part 1 (the History)
Dennis Bamforth reviews his time in the Recorder
Orchestra, along with its general history.
- William Byrd, For the 450th Anniversary of his
Anthony Rowland-Jones on a familiar three part
All issues of Recorder Magazine
- reviews of recorder
sheet music, CDs and books,
- reviews of recent
recitals and courses,
- letters from
- numerous short
recorder-related items in Footjoint,
- news from SRP and